Oklahoma City Restaurants Reviews

Friday, October 14, 2011

New Makeover Project Annie Sloan Graphite Black Chalk Paint

I am helping one of my family members redo their home. I found this set of chairs at a local goodwill for only $15.00. I fell in love with the detailed woodwork design on the back of the chairs, I think the style is called English Hepplewhite. Since my relative likes dark green, I recovered the chairs in a fabric from the Robert Allen Collection called Les Fauves Scandinavian Modern Floral. You can find the fabric at Hancock Fabrics but I found it online cheaper at loomshowroom.com for only $12.00. The paint color I used is from the Anne Sloan Chalk Paint line called Graphite.








I painted two coats of Graphite chalk Paint
Next I used dark wax
Last Clear wax to protect the finish on the chairs

2 comments:

Barbara Matson said...

I am so honoured to be on your blog list! I LOVE those chairs. I have yet to try chalk paint but am thrilled there is a stockist in town. Did you find the wax easy to put on? When I think of wax, I think of a sticky hard to use product, not sure if that is the case!

Really wish I could find chairs like that in my thrift shop - jealous!

EveandEb said...

I love your blog and thank you for stopping by. :-) The wax is very easy to use and the texture reminds me of Crisco shortening. If you are new to using waxes you will love this one.